Found this on desiretoinspire, and I was definitely inspired—in my dream-house kind of way. How gorgeous is this bedroom (and this shot, taken by David Tsay)?
Things I like about this room and the reason it made me *sigh*…
- It’s warm, cozy, and inviting, but it’s also very well-done.
- I love that massive candle in the globe on the night stand.
- And, on the other side, the wall bed-side lamp. Perfect for a late-night reader like myself.
- BOOKS!!! I think the best designs are those that are beautiful, yet functional. This built-in bookcase has me smiling already, but throw in all of those wonderful books that you can grab at any moment and just hop back in the bed to read—perfection.
- The 3-tier candelabra brings something old to this room. It now has a little bit of history. I like. And, I like that “they” are using it. I hate unused candlesticks more than anything.
- The simple, yet luxurious comforter and quilt make me think that I would never ever want to get out of bed. I love the neutrals, too, and the off-white sheets. They are so calming.
- The rug…oh, my, the rug…
- …which leads me to the gorgeous hardwoods, of course.
- Who could forget this fireplace? I would love nothing more than to curl up on a cold winter night and drift off to sleep by the crackling of the fire.
- I also am loving the piece of framed art on the mantle. I can’t make out what it is exactly, but it seems to be very cool.
- This room has a lot of light, which means that it has some large windows that we can’t see. I am imaging that they show a glorious mountain view. Later today, I am going skiing on the very mountains that I am looking at while I eat breakfast in bed and read. Life is hard in this beautiful bedroom.
- Let’s not leave out my favorite part…the exposed rafters. Stunning.
Sara Beth Parks is a designer, Southern girl, and lover of all things beautiful, currently writing of her journey with art, design, and life on this blog, “My Latest Buzz.”